Dockyard Terrace

The Dockyard Terrace was built in the 1550s during the magistracy of Grand Master Fra Claude de La Sengle to serve as a residence. During the British period (1800-1964) this 4-level building served as an army barracks before being handed over to the navy, becoming part of the Royal Naval Dockyard hence their current name. During this period, access to the Dockyard Terrace was limited with an arched gate on the promenade and a pontoon for the direct access of the commander coming from the headquarters at Fort St. Angelo.

Share The Knowledge