The windmill found in Windmill Street in Cospicua is called St Margaret’s windmill. The windmill was built in 1674 along with the windmill of San Ġwann t’Għuxa located on the other end of the city. The St Margaret’s windmill is one of the eight windmills that the Cottoner brothers built. The windmill consists of a squarish building. The miller used to keep the tools and the animals in the lower rooms whilst he and his family lived on the first floor. The windmill was still working until the early 20th century. However, its mechanism was dismantled to restore the Ta’ Xarolla windmill in Żurrieq during the 1970s. Today St Margaret’s windmill is a private residence.