In Bormla Square one finds the Monastery of St Therese where the nuns live in an enclosed convent. These nuns are also known as the nuns of St Margherite. Their church was consecrated on 28th October 1787 by Bishop Vincenzo Labini. The church was built similarly to the church in San Gwann t’Għuxa and it contains three altars. The construction of the church was completed in 1720 and then it was handed over to the nuns. In 1725, monk Anton Barbara and Fr Pietru Saliba wanted to start a conservatory for poor girls who had the desire to become nuns. On 9th November 1726 the first 7 women moved in the conservatory. In Bormla Square also resides the former President of Malta, his excellency Dr Ugo Mifsud Bonniċi. Ugo Mifsud Bonnici was born in Cospicua on 8th November 1932. He comes from a family of politicians as his father Carmelo Mifsud Bonniċi known as “il-Gross” was also a Maltese politician who served as minister. In 1966 Ugo Mifsud Bonniċi contested the General Election and was elected in the Maltese parliament. In 1987, he was appointed to the cabinet as Minister of Education. On 4th April 1994, Dr Ugo Mifsud Bonniċi became the 5th President of Malta.