Bir Mula Heritage is a historical house located on St Margherita Hill in Bormla known also as Cospicua. In 1997 it was converted into a museum by the Vella family. The site rendered many artefacts amongst which a palaeolithic projectile, red ochre, chert tools, Neolithic sling stones, bones of animals and marine creatures forming part of the nutrition of the residents, stone works and pottery. The site and the building were uninterruptedly used since time immemorial. The oldest part, an old farmhouse, is over 1000 years old and was remodelled during the Arab period (870 – 1091).